Saturday, January 1, 2011

little quilts

I made these two wall hangings about 1998 from a book called Little Quilts.  I also have the book Celebrate with Little Quilts from the same three ladies.  They are wonderful books and great resources for small traditional quilt blocks with many great tips and how to's, including color choices and the use of scraps and strips in constructing these little quilts.  I am not sure the books are still available but the Georgia quilt shop website can be found here.  The quilts in the books make great table toppers, doll quilts, or wall hangings.  These two quilts hang in my cabin in Colorado.  I have made other little quilts that I will show you another time.  I actually hand quilted these!

I am EXCITED about a stitchery/quilt project that is beginning today at Little Miss Shabby's blog called Birdie Stitches Block of the Month quilt.  I have downloaded the first pattern and I will show you my fabric choices and progress soon : )

piece,
elizabeth



2 comments:

Michelle said...

I just love log cabins at the moment! I have too on the go, I really must et back to them. I am enjoying your little show and tell too!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your little quilts are beautiful! I really like your fabric selection.