Sunday, February 20, 2011

from orphan quilt block to mug rug

I decided to work on something quick and easy and there probably isn't anything faster than a mug rug made out of an orphan quilt block!  This is one of the few applique blocks that I have ever attempted.  I used a variety of hand dyed fabrics from my local quilt shop and added some stitching in variegated blue perle cotton.  This quilt block measures 8" square.  I don't know who came up with the mug rug idea, but it sure is a fun name for a little quilt : )

I have linked up with Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story!
~piece~

elizabeth


2 comments:

JoAnne in southern California said...

Elizabeth, your mug rug is lovely. I think your applique is gorgeous.

JoAnne in Diamond Bar, CA

Lynette said...

This is really pretty, Elizabeth.