Saturday, February 5, 2011

retro nine patch

I have another project to show you that I have been working on while I am snowbound.  I would be working on these projects anyway, but the fact that I am stuck at home due to the crazy weather means I have a little more time to work on my sewing/stitching projects : )  Count it all joy!

Anyway, this is the free Retro Nine Patch embroidery project at bluebirdquilts.  Lyn hasn't shown us the big picture yet, just this first block, so I am not sure what is coming in the next few months.  I am planning to use Central Park by Moda with these stitcheries, so I am using floss colors that go with that fabric. This first block is pretty cute, so I am looking forward to what she has planned for this month.

After looking at my pictures, I noticed I hadn't washed out my blue pen, so I will do that soon.  I haven't ever had a problem with the blue pen, but I sure don't want to leave it in too long.  I am stitching on linen, and I really like the way it looks.  Why not head over to Lyn's blog and join me in this stitching adventure!

~piece~
elizabeth


2 comments:

Regina said...

Looking good. It's going to be so pretty with Central Park. I love Kate Spain's fabrics.

Can I ask you something? I'm also hiding from the snow and thought it would be nice to start a quilt with embroidery squares. The only other time I did any embroidery it was for my brother's wedding and I just did the pictures freehand. This time I'll be using a pattern. How do you get the picture onto your fabric? Or can you send me to a tutorial online that might give me some tips?

Anonymous said...

Hello Elizabeth, love your version of the first block.....thank you for joining in...Warm Regards, Lyn