Friday, September 23, 2011

chequer-board bag


I am thinking about making a bag from this pattern by Kaffee Fassett found in the book, Westminster Patchwork and Quilting Book Number 3.   It is a fantastic book that is full of inspiration and projects that I want to try.


I have made two bags already.  One is with some of my Liberty fabric and the other is with some Amy Butler fabric.  If you read my blog last Friday, you know these are some of my all time favorite fabrics : )


Here are the bags that I have already made:





I am going to make my next one more like the picture in the book....a chequer-board bag.  I am hoping to find enough solid fabric in my stash.  I think I have some shot cottons like were used in the book, but I don't know if I have enough, or if they are the right colors.  I think it would be nice with some linen too, but first I will look for the colors of autumn.   Won't this make a nice bag to carry around this fall?



Don't forget about my giveaway!

piece,
elizabeth

No comments: