Monday, September 12, 2011

selvage or selvedge mini

My work-in-progress for Faith's Mini Quilt Monday is a selvage spool mini quilt.  I have been collecting selvages for a while and plan to make a large spool quilt.  This was my first attempt and as you can see there are two different spools.  I am one of those people that likes to make my own patterns and I discovered that I may need to go to a tutorial when I start on the larger quilt : )

This mini was made using a Moda scrap bag of fabric called Breakfast at Tiffany's by Joanna Figueroa from Fig Tree & Co.


I plan to make different sized spools when I get to the larger quilt too, but it will be a mixture of selvages from all the different fabric lines and colors.

Which way do you spell this fabric edge..... selvage(US) or selvedge(British)?

I have finished last weeks Hexagon mini quilt and I will post a picture on tomorrow's blog.

piece,
elizabeth

3 comments:

jmday said...

Cool! One of my plans for MQM is a selvage quilt too!

Faith Jones said...

Those are so great! I love the use of selvedges in quilts. :)

Debbie said...

very cool! I'm saving some too....