Friday, October 21, 2011

finished liberty circle mini quilt


I am so happy with my mini quilt finish,  Liberty Circle Applique, that I first showed as a work-in-progress here on Little Quilt Monday.   I am not very comfortable with applique,  but this technique is something that I was able to do without any trouble.



This mini is 16 X16 inches.  The background and backing fabrics are linen and that made the needle  very easy to pull through while hand stitching.  Using the Liberty of London fabric and the linen made this a very soft quilt and has inspired me to make a larger one!






I used one of my favorite Liberty of London fabrics for the binding and I think it was the right choice : )
I hope you will continue to check in with Little Quilt Monday  and join me as I link up with 

piece,
elizabeth

18 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Thats awesome!! I LOVE the circles!

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

It is so pretty!

KristyLou said...

Circles scare me, but you did them great!

Heather said...

It looks fantastic! Great job! :o)

twelfthzodiac said...

This is adorable - love the circles! :)

trish said...

What a cute quilt! I love your hand stitches! :o)

Miranda said...

It looks great! I love the circles and your hand quilting looks fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Circles are my favorite and I despise appliquéing!

Connie said...

Beautiful! I've been saving some special Liberty of London fabric like little treasures, but now I might have to pull it out to make a quilt like this -- It shows off the Liberty fabric so well.

Lynette said...

Wonderful! I just love circle quilts, and these fabrics are terrific.

beth said...

Love that handquilting!

Amanda Jean said...

it's Beautiful...just beautifuL!!! i love the circles, the handstitching. the white background! it's all good!

thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

Soile Kivinen said...

What a happy quilt. And you hand quilting is exellant!

Angie said...

Your circles are wonderful. I love the fabrics you chose, too! Thanks so much for linking up. :)

amylouwhosews said...

This is awesome! I am ready to tackle some minis, and now I think I'm adding this to the list! What kind of thread did you use to hand quilt?

we're having a mini quilt exclusive sew & tell on the Nov. 11 - I hope you join us! And there will be prizes!!

thanks for linking up!

Karen said...

This little quilt is so striking! I'd love to make one too.

Susana Neiger said...

I love the circles! Really nicely done!

Susana Neiger said...

Aaand, THANKS for the beautiful inspiration: a couple months after seeing this post ... I tried some quilt circles of my own, blogged here: http://prosperitystuff.blogspot.com/2011/12/little-quilt-circles.html