Monday, January 16, 2012

little quilt monday~~~doll quilt


Little Quilt Monday

When my daughter was a little girl, I started collecting antique quilts, but I didn't start making them until she was in elementary school.  Although this doll quilt isn't necessarily an antique, it is old and looks the part.  She played with her dolls and used this quilt, along with other doll quilts that I will show you another time.
 It is a cute nine patch design, using the bubblegum pinks, indigo blue, and shirting fabrics.  It has been tea dyed to make it look vintage : )



The little appliquéd hearts scattered about make it especially cute.  The only quilting is heart shapes randomly sewn in the squares.  I think this would be a fun little doll quilt to make.  It would be darling using solid fabrics!  It measures 16 X 21 inches.

Now it is your turn to link up to

Little Quilt Monday

1.  This link-up party is for any small project.  For example, mini quilts, doll quilts, baby quilts, place mats, mug rugs,
wall quilts, table runners, etc.
2.  They can be a WIP(work-in-progress) or finished.
3.  If it is something from the past there is no need to write a new blog post, just link the one that you have already written, and, please link back to my blog post.


Let's inspire each other!

piece,
elizabeth

2 comments:

Richard Healey said...

Linked 2 of my baby quilts. Both were done for my yet to be born little girl Julia Dawn. Train Wrek and Hearts and Flowers are the names.

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com

Susana Neiger said...

Sweet doll quilt! I love the heart details, and, you're right: this would be a sweet one to recreate! Thanks again for hosting a fun place to link tiny projects!