Tuesday, January 3, 2012

vintage fabric


I have some vintage fabric yardage that I found in an antique store in Colorado that has been sitting in my stash for a while.  In the spirit of finishing a WIP, or as some might say a PIP(project in progress), I decided to use this fabric while I was here at the cabin.  It is a simple finish, but a finish is a finish : )




I cut the fabric in half and evened up the edges.  Then I ironed the sides over 1/2 inch and then ironed again 1/2 inch to give a neat edge.  All that was left to do was top stitch the sides that I had ironed, and now I have two cute vintage tea towels.   Do you call them tea towels or dish towels?


It feels good to finish some things that have been patiently waiting for my attention.  
I wonder what else I will find?

piece,
elizabeth

No comments: