Monday, March 12, 2012

little quilt monday~~~guild swap challenge


Little Quilt Monday

I have joined the OKC Modern Quilt Guild.  At the last meeting we traded ziplock bags of fabric scraps to use to make a project for the owner of the scraps.  I decided to make several small things with my partner's pretty pink, green and brown fabric scraps.  I started with the Drunkard's Path quilt block to make another potholder like I did here.



I also made a little pincushion filled with crushed walnut shells.


The last project was a table runner using my charms on point technique.



I added solid fabric squares and the owl fabric from my stash.  I was so happy that her bag included the colorful striped fabric.  I love using striped fabric for binding.  I hand stitched with pink and green crochet thread.



 I decided on projects that I was comfortable making for this swap challenge.   I think they turned out pretty cute, and it was fun playing with someone else's fabric : )

Now it is your turn to link up something to

Little Quilt Monday

1.  This link-up party is for any small project.  For example, mini quilts, doll quilts, baby quilts, place mats, mug rugs,
wall quilts, table runners, etc.
2.  They can be a WIP(work-in-progress) or finished.
3.  If it is something from the past there is no need to write a new blog post, just link the one that you have already written, and, please link back to my blog post.
4.   If you are interested, you can add your pictures to my flickr group here, or join my Facebook group here. 

Let's inspire each other!

piece,

12 comments:

LeslieUnfinished said...

Thank you so much Elizabeth! I adore everything you made! I love that little owl fabric you had and can't believe how perfectly it matches. Thank you, thank you!

Maree said...

our small projects are all gorgeous - love the owl fabric.

JoAnne in southern California said...

Elizabeth, you have done so much with "scraps"! I love your quilting on the table runner.

Cherie said...

Such cute things. It's amazing what you can make with scraps!

Nicole said...

These are all very cute. Love those owls!

Jessica E said...

I love that owl! Great job with these projects!

Richard Healey said...

Those projects look great I love her choice of colors.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.blogspot.com

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Wonderful projects and your little pin cushion is adorable! Thanks for sharing!
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Kirsten said...

Love your projects - the Owls are very cute!

Anonymous said...

what you made are all very pretty :) I especially love the owl pincushion. :)

Elizabeth said...

Those are really fun fabrics! I love stripes for bindings! And you projects are amazing! Love them all! The pincushion is adorable. Your Drunkard's Path hot pads are amazing (love how you did this one in particular) and that table runner is so pretty! Great job on all three! Thank you for linking up!

xo -E

Irina said...

these are lovely!
I love the hand stitched quilting