Wednesday, April 18, 2012

wip~~~hexagons and naps



We are spending a quiet week in Colorado.  As you can see, Tiger loves the sunshine.  He claims the spot that I want to take pictures and won't budge : ) 


I am playing with my Colorado fabric stash and cut some 5.5 inch hexagons using the Darlene Zimmerman hexagon template.  At first I was machine sewing them together, but I decided that it was too tedious and changed my plan to applique.


I have a few more ready to machine applique, but first I need to iron around the edges.  I decided not to make these blocks raw edge applique.  I will plan how to use them in a quilt after I get them all sewn.


We move pretty slow while in Colorado, so I am not sure if I will iron and sew before or after my nap.   Tiger  just made me yawn!

piece,
elizabeth

I am linking up to WIP Wednesday.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Great to have a template stack! Can't wait to see what you do with the blocks =D

Susana Neiger said...

Hexagons are so versatile! Yours look great already, and I love the colors!