Tuesday, May 8, 2012

one down~~~? to go


I finished the first baby quilt for my African trip this summer!  I first showed you the quilt top here.  The temperatures were cool yesterday, so even without the air conditioning, I was able to spend some time sewing upstairs.
(Air conditioner should be fixed today : )

  
I machine quilted this baby quilt with my walking foot.  The straight line stitching just followed the lines of the bricks/coins.  Easy, and the perfect choice for this quilt.


The binding is a little pink rose fabric, and the backing is a yellow dot fabric.  


This baby quilt measures 31 X 38 inches.  Don't you just love the crinkly look of a quilt after it has been washed?


I look forward to filling my suitcase with these cuties, and then giving them to some precious babies!
I have one more quilt top like this to machine quilt and then I need to make more.  I don't plan to make them all this same design, so who knows what the next few quilts will look like.  I do like the size of this one, so I will probably try to keep them all about this size.

piece,
elizabeth

I am linking up to Fabric Tuesday.

May Finishes

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Darling little quilt - how awesome you are taking some with you!

Cherie said...

The quilt looks gorgeous! What a great cause =D

Betty Lou said...

Your baby quilts will be so appreciated by the mothers. God Bless you.

The Cozy Pumpkin said...

Love the quilt and the love behind it!!! :)

The simple "pattern" allows those sweet fabrics to speak volumes. :)

-Amanda-

Elizabeth said...

That is a really beautiful quilt and for such a worthy cause! I hope you get your suitcase filled, too! Again, great job and thank you for linking up!

xo -E